QETA UQ Economics Schools Day 2015
QETA Inc. is a body of teachers and other educators throughout Queensland, Australia committed to the promotion and advancement of Economics and Business Education in schools. To achieve this goal, the association organises and resources a diversity of activities aimed at enhancing the professional qualities of teachers, and the understanding of Economics and Business among students.
QETA Inc. was established in 1974. It is a non-profit organisation.
- 10:15am – 10:30am Welcome: Head of School Professor Rodney Strachan and Deputy Head of School Associate Professor KK Tang
- 10:35am – 11:20am Parallel Session 1: Professor Richard Brown ‘Cost benefit analysis’
- 10:35am – 11:20am Parallel Session 1: Dr Bryan Morgan ‘Economics growth and productivity: Why do they matter?’
- 11:25am – 12:10pm Parallel Session 2: Dr Ian MacKenzie ‘The economics of outer space’
- 11:25am – 12:10 pm Parallel Session 2: Professor Paul Frijters ‘What makes others happy?’
- 1:15pm – 2:00pm Parallel Session 3: Dr Frédérique Bracoud ‘What’s the fuss about the cash rate?’
- 1:15pm – 2:00pm Parallel Session 3: Associate Professor John Asafu-Adjaye ‘Addressing Australia’s increasing contribution to world carbon emissions: can a carbon tax help and what will be the impacts?’